There are many different communication apps available for your device and Facebook Messenger is one of the commonly used apps. Facebook Messenger is a messaging app developed by the company, Facebook, to work with their Facebook platform to help connect people. A unique feature of Facebook Messenger is that it offers text messaging, voice, and video chat through the app, independent of the Facebook app where posts can be shared and made public.
During this lesson you will be introduced to Facebook Messenger, how to access Facebook Messenger on your device, and will learn how to start chats and video calls using the Facebook Messenger app.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Facebook
What you will learn
- What Facebook Messenger is and what it is used for
- How to access Facebook Messenger on your device
- How to send messages using Facebook Messenger
- How to start a video call using Facebook Messenger
Key Technology Terms
- Social Media: websites and applications that enable users to create and share content (information and experiences) or to participate in social networking
- Social Networking: online platform that is used to build social network or social relationship to interact with other users, or to find people with similar interests to oneself
- Facebook: popular free social networking program that allows users to create profiles, post photos and videos, and send messages to stay connected with family and friends
- Facebook Messenger: mobile app that enables chat, voice and video communications