You have probably heard of the term social media. But if you haven’t, maybe you have heard of Facebook or Instagram. These are popular social media platforms that you have most likely heard your family members talking about at one point or another. Social media has become wildly popular and is a way for people to connect with one another, share information and personal photos. If you are brand new to social media or just want to learn more about it, this course is for you. During this course you will be introduced to social media, popular platforms, and the importance of online safety when using social media.
Why take this course?
It is important to understand what exactly social media is before getting started on it. This course will provide you with a better understanding of what it is, which will help you in choosing which social media platform is right for you!
What will I be learning?
- Understand what social media is
- Learn why people use social media and what the benefits of it are
- Learn about popular social media platforms such as: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Understand the importance of privacy settings on social media platforms
What do I need to get started on this course?
- A device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer)
- Internet connection (Wi-Fi) or cellular data