Facebook is an extremely popular social media platform that was created by a gentleman named Mark Zuckerberg in the year 2004 while he was attending Harvard University. Facebook was created originally for Harvard students to connect with one another but has since become the most widely used social media app around the world. Users create accounts to share messages, photos, and connect with friends and family online.
During this lesson, you will be introduced to the Facebook platform, and will learn the steps on how to setup an account, add a friend and create posts to share on your Facebook page.
What you will learn
- Understand what Facebook is and what it is used for
- Learn how to create a Facebook account
- Learn how to post on Facebook
- Learn how to add a friend on Facebook
Key Technology Terms
- Social Media: websites and applications that enable users to create and share content (information and experiences) or to participate in social networking
- Social Networking: online platform that is used to build social network or social relationship to interact with other users, or to find people with similar interests to oneself
- Facebook: popular free social networking program that allows users to create profiles, post photos and videos, and send messages to stay connected with family and friends
- Timeline: A display of a list of events in a chronological order where users can see their posts or others’ posts much like a newsfeed