Have you ever heard someone say, “Hey Siri, what’s the weather outside?” or “Alexa, turn on my lights”.? You may have been wondering what is Siri and who is Alexa? Software such as Siri and Alexa are called smart assistants and they are used to complete everyday tasks using your devices through voice command.
During this course we will introduce you to smart assistants by explaining what they can do for you and what devices come with a smart assistant built-in and what devices are compatible with them.
Why take this course?
Navigating technology can be complicated but understanding what smart assistants are and what they can do can help take the complexity out of it so that you can get the best out of your devices, hands-free!
What will I be learning?
- Understand what a smart assistant is
- Learn the benefits of smart assistants
- Learn what you can ask a smart assistant to do
- Be introduced to smart assistants that are built-in to devices
- Understand what devices are compatible with smart assistants
- Understand privacy and security when it comes to smart assistants
What do I need to get started on this course?
This course is designed to provide you with information on smart assistants. You do not need a device to follow along with the lessons.
Course prerequisites: it is recommended you complete the courses Get to know your Tablet, Get to know your iPad, or Using your iPhone.