Instagram has become a very well-known social media platform used daily by billions of people around the world. So, what is Instagram? Instagram is a platform that allows users to share photos and videos and connect with their friends, family and community online.
During this lesson you will be introduced to the Instagram platform, and you will learn how to post photos and videos, follow your friends and family members’ Instagram pages, and browse your interests using Instagram.
What you will learn
- What Instagram is and what it is used for
- Learn how to create an Instagram account
- Learn how to post photos and videos on Instagram
- Learn how to follow other pages on Instagram
Key Technology Terms
- Social Media: websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking
- Instagram: photo and video- sharing social media platform that is available as an application to access on tablet or smart phone
- Hashtag: word or phrase preceded by a Hash sign (#), used on social media to identify and categorize digital content on a specific topic
- Direct Message: private messaging feature that allows users to send messages and photos/videos to one or multiple people privately
- Caption: a caption is used to explain the photo or video